Thursday, December 10, 2009

Smithsonian

During our trips to DC we visited three of the five Smithsonian museums, which I thoroughly enjoyed. The first museum we visited was the Air and Space museum. There were tons of cool planes. 100_4575 100_4577

Then we went to the Holocaust museum, but I didn’t take any pictures because we are not allowed. That was the saddest museum. They had even had kids portion of the museum where kids can read about a child’s diary from the holocaust. There was so much information it took a couple of hours to go through and there was still tons of stuff I missed.

The final museum we went to was the Museum of Natural History. This was probably my favorite museum, many amazing exhibits. On the first floor were animal exhibit and had tons of stuffed animals from everywhere including the sea. Then on the second floor has a geology section which included famous jewels such as the hope diamond. They had a diadem worn my Napoleon’s wife. Emeralds and rubies. Of course one of my favorite exhibits.

Some of the artifacts from the second Night at the Museum movie were in this museum and I had to get a picture with the Easter Island statue. 100_4633 100_4637100_4635

Also on the second floor was a Butterfly habitat. I’m girly girl and loved the many flowers and butterflies. With winter being right outside I really enjoyed the flowers. This picture actually has at least 4 or 5 butterflies, but they are hard to see.100_4642

There was one huge blue butterfly that would not stay still for long so this was the best picture I got of it. 100_4645

The butterflies kept landing on me. I don’t know if it was because of my colorful shirt or if I had a scent they like, but this little girl kept asking me how I was getting them to land on me (the girl. 100_4646 100_4647

No comments:

Post a Comment