Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Goodbye Joe

So I know most of what I am going to put in this entry has already been said else where. However, we sold Joe last week and I wanted to say goodbye to him by remembering all the things that made me smile about him.

Joe was the smartest, sweetest dog I have ever met. He would always listen to you, once you established dominance. With Joe, I know understand the saying “Man’s best friend". He was always there for you when you wanted him, even when you didn’t want him. Cuddling with him was one of my favorite things. He would always sit on my feet and warm them up. When we slept, he would curl up in the crook of my knees with his head on my legs. He would always want to sit with us on the couch when we were watching  a movie. Sometimes when I would be doing laundry and all my clothes were on the couch he had no where to sit. He would lay on the floor for a little bit then get up and look at me with a look that said “I want to sit up there” I would end up moving the laundry so he could curl up next to me. Then by the end of the movie or whatever we were watching he would be sprawled out and taking half of my seat.  While working he would usually lay at my feet under my desk or behind my seat. I would often trip over him when I got up from my desk.

One of my favorite games Jake and I would play with Joe is “What is Joe thinking.” Jake has a good voice of Joe that I am really bad at. We would laugh forever over the silliest things. Like one time Jake was not feeling well and in a lot of pain. Well Joe just jumped on the bed and laid down. In Joe’s voice Jake was like “Master, I know you’re sick, but I’m just going to lay here” it was funnier then that. I don’t remember exactly what was said, but it was along those lines.

We’re going to miss him, but know that this is for the best. He’ll be happier being able to play in a yard and go hunting more. We’ll be able to save more money for our future.

Below are some fun picture of us with Joe.

IMG00023 DSCN0864 DSCN0874 DSCN0880 DSCN0915 DSCN0923 DSCN0917

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sad for you! :( I do have to laugh at the last picture. Are you smiling in your sleep or fake sleeping with a smile?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry too, he really was a sweet cute dog. But I am glad he has a good place to run and play now, and that everything is going to work out for the best.

    ReplyDelete