Thursday, August 22, 2013

Stockton Days

This year marks 150 anniversary of Stockton so they have gone all out this year on celebrations and had some event every month since April. The celebrations ended with Stockton Days on Saturday. The only events I made it to was the first one in April and then Stockton Days.

In April they had a guy come give history on Stockton which was interesting. They also setup a room showing the family histories of Stockton as well as the school pictures through out the year. We only stayed for about 1/2 hour and then went to my Mom’s for a barbeque. Around 9:00 Stockton had fireworks shoot off from Tab Hill. It was beautiful and awesome to watch from my mom’s front yard. The little kids were all on the tramp yelling “Happy Birthday Stockton!” Then Erin yelled “I love you Stockton!” It was so cute.

For Stockton day celebration they actually did a parade this year and invited any families to create a float or something to be in the parade. My parents were super excited and wanted to create a float and get what grandkids they could to be on the float. It’s not well known now, but Cranney used to be a slang used for outhouse and therefore my parents love to do the outhouse theme. They decorated the float with a outhouse, some bales of hay and trees. Then my dad thought of something funny to put on float since Stockton just barely put in a sewer system: “Stockton, the first town to get electric light . . . last to get a sewer. Rashelle and I were the only ones able to be on the float, but I had fun.

_DSC3189 _DSC3259_DSC3261

Here’s a cute picture of my mom, Grant and I just before the parade.

_DSC3183

After the parade Jake and I went home to let Grant nap. Then at dinner we went back up to the park and ate there. While we were gone they had booths and bounce houses, but they were all gone by the time we got there. After dinner they had a magician which all the kids loved! Brook being a helper to the magician.

2013-08-17 19.35.33

No comments:

Post a Comment