Thursday, January 23, 2014

Christmas

True to form I am writing about an event nearly 1 month late. I guess better late than never. However, sooner would be better than later, anyway Christmas!

Christmas was extremely exciting for me for two reasons, 1) I had a child to enjoy the excitement (even if he didn’t know what was going on) and 2) My mother finally got to have Christmas Breakfast at her house! Since before I was born my Grandma has had the tradition to have Christmas breakfast. We’d always get up in the morning, open our presents from Santa, get ready and go over to Grandma’s. There we would have breakfast which would contain our family’s traditional Swedish pancakes with various other breakfast items. We’d then go downstairs and open presents from our Grandma, Grandpa, Cousins, Aunts and Uncles. My Grandpa (until he died) would read a fun story called Davey and the First Christmas. I enjoyed doing this with my extended family, but it was difficult because the family was getting too large for my Grandma’s house, plus we never have time to exchange gifts with the Cranney family.

I ended up having to wrap all my presents Christmas Eve night. However, Rashelle invited us over to play games so I was up late wrapping. We ended up playing Disney Monopoly with Rashelle, Jason, Jake, me and Chris. He was on skype and we pointed the camera at the board. He also won. Afterwards we went home, put Grant to bed and I finished wrapping. Jake went to bed before me so I was able to get everything ready for when we woke up. I woke up first and got some pictures of the tree and presents.

2013-12-25 01.25.39 2013-12-25 01.25.49

I then got Grant and Jake up. I tried to get a picture of Grant in front of the tree, but he had a difficult time sitting up and it’s a little bit blurry.2013-12-25 08.57.16

We started opening presents and true to form, Grant was more interested in the wrapping paper than the presents, but I still enjoyed getting him things. He got a tie, some toys and a Christmas shirt. 2013-12-25 08.59.382013-12-25 08.59.32 2013-12-25 09.00.34

After we opened presents we went over to my mom’s. We had breakfast and I got a not flattering picture of my mom as she was talking and the older girls listening to her.2013-12-25 10.21.43 2013-12-25 10.21.54

We then went into the living room and setup a TV so we could Skype with the one’s who couldn’t be there. Michaelene was in Germany and paid for an account to allow multiple skypes. Alicia and Chris couldn’t make it down from North Dakota this year and Andrea was down in Arizona spending Christmas with Jake’s family. It was fun to open presents with everyone even though everyone couldn’t be there. It will be so fun to have everyone home next year (hopefully). After that we hung out at my mom’s and then home everyone went their own way. Jake and I just hung out and chilling at home. Loved Christmas this year! 2013-12-25 10.57.30

1 comment: