Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snowed in

The only time in my entire life I can remember having things cancelled because of snow was when I was little and living in West Jordan, but even then I didn’t feel snowed in because as kids we outside and played in the snow.

So yesterday here in Virginia (which by the way I was told that it never snows here) it snowed ALL day! The snow started at about 3 in the morning and kept snowing until after I went to bed, which was around 2 in the morning. The Filipinos here haven’t seen snow so they wanted to go out and take pictures in it so we did. I only lasted about 10 minutes before freezing and going back in. 100_2485100_2493

After our tiny little escapade in the snow we went back inside and I spent the entire day inside. I didn’t want to go anywhere and I kind of felt stuck. I didn’t have any good snow shoes or stuff to get snow off my car. It was a strange feeling to be snowed in and I live in Utah so I shouldn't be afraid to go out in the snow. The next day was pretty, sun shinning and blue skies. I went to go to church but church had been cancelled due to snow so I got pictures of the damage. And Andrea yes I know I cannot complain and I am sure in comparison to what you've seen this is nothing, but for me, being in a place that doesn't snow, this is a lot :) 100_4673100_4674100_4676100_4677100_4672

1 comment:

  1. That is a lot of snow. I can imagine Andrea laughing at it, but it is different in a place that is not prepared for the snow. Here in Utah we have plows and people put snow tires on and purchase front wheel drive cars. (Unless you are my husband and speed is more important than not sliding in the snow.) When you are in a place that doesn't usually snow, no one is prepared and everything has to close down. We miss you Rach!

    ReplyDelete