Monday, December 20, 2010

Sick

This last week I got really sick. It started with a mild sore throat. However, day the pain drastically increased until after like two days it hurt too bad to even swallow my own spit which is hard to not do. So Jake, being part of the ENT (Ear, Nose & Throat) clinic at the U of U found some time for me to come in. I met with Dr. Wilson who was really good. Turned out I had Peritonsillitis which is an infection by the Tonsils. He said I had a cist full of fluid that was pushing against my tonsils or something like that. Although normally the cist ends up with a sack around the infection that keeps out the antibodies. However, we had found it before the sack had formed which allowed me to take Antibiotics to fix me up. Although if it didn’t get better by taking the antibiotics I would have had to go back in where they would have drained the infection by pocking a knife into the cist and letting the fluids drain. Yuck! I am glad the medicine worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment