Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Grant is 3 Months!

Well he was actually 3 months on Saturday, but Saturday was a super busy day and I forgot to take the picture on Sunday and Monday so today I am writing about three month old Grant.

I cannot believe how much he is growing and learning. He loves attention! If you are holding him and/or talking to him he has the biggest smile. He is however, learning to entertain himself, as long as he has a toy. It doesn’t last long, but at least he doesn’t cry as soon as I put him down. He still loves to stand. I think if he can get to sitting up on his own he probably would stand up on his own. I do play with him and take him from the laying position to sitting to standing. Then I go backwards and sit him down then lay down. I hope he gets the idea. He still hates tummy time and has learned how to roll from tummy to back. He mainly uses gravity and pushes one hand on the floor and twists his head so the weight is on one side and lets gravity pull his head down and then his body follows. Now we need him to have incentive to want to be tummy to learn to crawl. If he has something behind him or the bumbo chair he can sit up and not tumble. He’ll sit on the couch with out things on the side without falling for a bit, but he still needs something behind his back. He doesn’t look much different this month, but it does show him being able to grasp the toy. I also have the video of him rolling over.

2013-09-05 10.06.10-12013-10-08 09.23.03

4 comments:

  1. that's cute! and I love it that he finally does role over when you talk to him. cute.

    Also, something I didn't know until Kaylee was getting at the age where she should sit up on her own and couldn't, but there is no way a baby could just sit up the way we do. Their head it humongous compared to the rest of the body. instead children have to get from their tummy up to a crawling position and then bring their legs under them from there to sit up. Just so you know because I didn't at first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense. Didn't think about it working that way.

      Delete