Thursday, October 24, 2013

Grant’s Blessing

On October 13th 2013 we blessed Grant. Church was at 9:00 am and everyone that could come was here. I was so excited to see everyone and glad they all made an effort to come. I even had my uncle Dave and Cousin Cody come which was unexpected.

I should have done this sooner since I do not remember much. Thankfully Sister Thiel wrote down some stuff from the blessing and gave it to me because I do not remember anything.

Here are the items she wrote down that he would be blessed with:

  • Grant will be blessed with a desire to follow and serve Heavenly father throughout his life. To server a mission and draw people to the church. To obey his parents.

After the blessing Jake sat down next to me, leaned over to me and said, I blessed him now you get to give your testimony. Which I was planning on giving my testimony even though there was a part of me that said “Do I really have to”. I am terrified of public speaking and usually have my mind go blank as I stand up to speak. I did get up and give my testimony. Thankfully I didn’t have a blank mind and thanked Heavenly Father for this blessing of raising a child. I also stated that I am grateful that I have a Heavenly Father who is willing to help me when I make mistakes and will pick up the slack as long as I believe and trust him.

Many other people went up and gave their testimony and made me tear up. I am very happy to be a part of both families.

After church we had a brunch at our house which was a little cramped, but worked out well. All the kids played downstairs and by the time they all left it looked like they had a food fight down there.

I forgot to get pictures after church, but here are a few before Church. Grant looking so handsome in his tux!

20131013_08381820131013_08361520131013_084118

2 comments:

  1. Oh he sure does look spiffy! I feel bad about the basement, but I thought everything else (besides that) was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he is so handsome! I'm sad we missed it.

    ReplyDelete