Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hiking

So Friday I got a text inviting people from the Singles ward to on hike around Tooele county. I thought it would be fun even though I am in terrible shape. However, if I don’t do things like this then I will not get in shape. So there were only 5 total people, Me, Holly, Jeremy, Joe and Commodore. We went up a trail that was above Stansbury. It was a beautiful hike and not as cold as I thought it was going to be. Although that might be because I was working out and keeping warm that way. It was really beautiful, we could the Tooele valley and the Salt Lake. Although I don’t have a camera and so I don’t have picture :(

Anyway it was a ton of fun even though it kicked my butt. It is really sad how out of shape I have gotten. The last few years it has kind of creeped up on me. I miss going country dancing for that reason. I think that is why I was a stead weight all those years. I was working out enough to not gain weight but not enough to lose weight. Hopefully soon I can get the motivation to lose the weight.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun. I would love to go on a hike. Actually I was thinking that this summer I would try to take my kids on more hikes (small ones of course). We will have to call you when we go so you can join us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I love hiking too, something we all learned from dad I am sure. There is a hike Chris and I did in October and it was the coolest hike I have done in a while. I want to hike it this summer again, but it's too hard for kids so I don't know. Anyway it is a cool hike and we should try to do it!

    ReplyDelete