Friday, July 16, 2010

Corregidor Island Part II

I’m so bad at keeping my blog up to date so I have to play catch up and the problem is that I don’t have enough time to catch up. Anyway here is the second part to Michaelene, Dad and I’s trip to Corregidor Island.

After we went to the Malinta tunnel we went had lunch at the hotel on the island. It was Filipino food which was good, but I don’t have any pictures of us eating.

 philippines with dad and mikey 080 philippines with dad and mikey 082 philippines with dad and mikey 083 philippines with dad and mikey 084

Next we went and saw some of the big guns on the island. Dad really enjoyed looking at these and of course we had to get pictures of our big guns next to the big gun. Haha, but those are on Michaelene’s or Dad’s camera so here are my pictures with the big guns.

philippines with dad and mikey 094 philippines with dad and mikey 095 philippines with dad and mikey 096 

Next we saw the old barracks on the island. There were actually a lot of barracks, the mile long barracks, top side barracks, middle side barracks. All of which actually look the same, like ruins. Still pretty cool to see. I’m sure during the glory days these were some pretty nice buildings. The mile long barracks had an indoor swimming pool and you could tell the architecture was beautiful. Although I should mention the mile long barracks are only 1/3 mile long, but the soldiers had to run the length of the barracks and while running they seemed forever long and that’s how it got it’s nickname.

philippines with dad and mikey 087 philippines with dad and mikey 100 philippines with dad and mikey 088 philippines with dad and mikey 101

Next we saw the U.S. memorial and the eternal flame, but by this time I was exhausted and since I had seen all this before I let Michaelene and Dad go on while I waited on the tour bus. After which we went to the light house on the island. It’s not a big light house, but it’s fun to walk up and look around.

philippines with dad and mikey 113 philippines with dad and mikey 104 philippines with dad and mikey 109 philippines with dad and mikey 112 

Finally we’d seen it all so we went back to the beach and found out that the Ferry wasn’t going to be there for another 2 hours. Me and Michaelene hung out at this really nice little “shack” that had a dance floor, place to get drinks and nice chairs to sit in. They had Karaoke going on and yes me and Michaelene went up there and sang. Dad said we had a lot nerve to get up and sing in front of people hahaha it was funny. Dad went on an additional tour of the Malinta tunnel. It took people through the side tunnels.

philippines with dad and mikey 122 philippines with dad and mikey 124 philippines with dad and mikey 127

No comments:

Post a Comment