Friday, September 9, 2011

Road Trip

So I started this post forever ago, but I was having troubles with blogger post editor and posting pictures. However, I really want to get Oregon posted since that was a month ago. Plus I can actually post using windows writer since Jake’s computer doesn’t have the troubles mine has.

Anyway, my family decided with the number of people in our family that we could rent a beach house on the Oregon coast. However, we ended up with a house on the river about 20 min from the Coast. It was great trip! One of the fun things about it was the road trip. It took two days, but worth it. I got to visit with my sisters, enjoy a book with my husband and one leg of the journey It was me and the guys. I would just sit in the back, listening and laughing. Here are some of the pictures us driving.

DSCN0052DSCN0055DSCN0059

The leg of the journey with my sisters was with Alicia, Michaelene and the two beautiful babies, Eve and Kaylee. Michaelene was awesome and sat in the back with the babies. She is so good with the kids! I love her to death!

DSCN0049DSCN0050

The first day we ended up eating at a beautiful little park in one of the towns on the way. It was nice, we got to lay on the grass under the shade of a tree. The little girls were playing on the play ground just a little ways away. While we were sitting I actually got some beautiful pictures of Kaylee. She is so so so cute. I cannot believe how quickly they grow.

DSCN0046

That night we ended up staying at a little motel in a small town called Burns. It was funny because not one of the best places I’ve stayed but the Brook and Erin loved it! We were on the second floor and the girls loved to look out over the edge and shout to whoever was unloading the cars. Then later before bed we all enjoyed the nice summer air sitting on the balcony chatting.

The next morning we headed out, but figured we had some time since it we only had 8 hours of driving and we left at 8 that morning. We ended up taking a route over the Oregon mountains which turned out to be beautiful. Tall green trees that even had moss or vines growing up the tree trunk. I was riding with Jake and Jason and we decided to stop at the next site seeing place and take some pictures. It ended up being a lava field which was extremely interesting.

DSCN0058DSCN0060DSCN0066DSCN0067DSCN0069DSCN0077DSCN0083DSCN0085

After this we got to the house on the River and I am so sad to say that I did not take pictures of it. I cannot believe I didn’t take pictures.

1 comment:

  1. so I was looking at your blog again while holding Kaylee on my lap. when I got to the picture you have of her she got so excited and started giggling, it was so cute.

    oh and PS, you are so sweet and I love you lots and lots!!

    ReplyDelete