Friday, October 16, 2009

Doings

One of the things that gets me excited about doing a blog is to keep people up to date on my Travels. I am usually asked when I get back what I did, but I can't really remember all the little stories or random things that happened. Now I can share them here with whoever wants to read them. Hopefully I'm not a boring blogger.

Last weekend the hotel manager recommended we go to Carytown and gave us directions how to get there. So we got in the car and followed the directions down to a cure little street with small ma and pa shops, antique stores and fun little restaurants.



 

 

 

 

 

 

I went with some guys from work, Joseph, Ivan and Lem. We didn't spend much time, just browsed around a few of the shops. One of the shops was a holiday decoration store and had a bunch of Halloween thing. Out front was a skeleton on a bench and being the geek that I am, I had to get a picture with the skeleton.

Then me and Lem went to a fun little antique jewelry shop that was independently owned and the owners buy most of the stuff at auctions and fix them up themselves. I ended up buying a beautiful gold locket which was the most I have ever spent on Jewelry but I do love it. I haven't taken a picture of it yet, but I'm sure I will and probably post a blog about it. :)
Finally we ended up at a really good Japanese restaurant. We had already eaten lunch but was more like a mid-afternoon snack. We sat outside and enjoyed the slightly cool air. It was a beautiful weekend, not too cold, but not too hot.

Later that night our boss want us to go out as a team. We went to The Richbrau Brewery in Downtown Richmond. The food was not at all impressive, but after dinner we went upstairs where they had billiards, an arcade and a dance floor. The night was too early and so there was no one on the dance floor, but we did all play billiards which was a ton of fun. I actually mostly played my boss and got killed every time. Oh well, I've never claimed to be a pool shark. Getting my butt kicked in billiards was too much fun to stop and take pictures so my pictures are of the team at dinner and me standing in front of some old looking brewing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment