Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Finally Finishing Oregon

So I think it’s finally time to finish posting about Oregon. I know I haven’t blogged in a very long time, but be prepared for a ton of posts. I pretty much need to sum up the end of the year (from August to now) in three days. I would like to get all my 2011 posts done before new year. I guess we’ll see.

So Oregon is where I left off. Since it’s been awhile I don’t really remember the timeline so well (I know that’s why you’re supposed to write sooner) Anyway I’ll just give a highlight of the rest of the trip and put up some of my favorite pictures that I didn’t add.

The second day of Oregon we went to some tide pools which I have to say was my favorite thing. It was awesome to see some of the ocean plant and animal life where you didn’t have to scup dive. There were tons of starfish which were huge. After the tide pools we went to a lighthouse and took a quick tour. It would be interesting to be a worker of a light house way back when they were manually operated. The workers had to have been very strong. They pretty much had to carry heavy buckets of oil up and down a ton of stairs a few times a day.

DSCN0168DSCN0170DSCN0177DSCN0190DSCN0194DSCN0196

As you can tell this lighthouse isn’t very big, but it still would be hard to do the up and down stairs all day. We had to take a 1 mile hike to get to the lighthouse and Jake and I decided to stop in the shade to get a picture. I’m just being silly. Finally my wonderful sister Amanda and her cute little chunker Matt. Although I love the picture because you can see the beautiful Oregon coast in the picture.

After that we pretty much relaxed at the house, played games, hung out and talked. The first day at the beach caused sand to get into my camera and wouldn’t work so I didn’t get anymore pictures after the day at the tide pools.

I love hanging out with my family and enjoyed this trip a lot. .

No comments:

Post a Comment