Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hot Springs

In early November I went to Hot Springs Arkansas for business. Xerox corporation bought out ACS and we are combining some of Xerox’s F&A clients into the ACS F&A division. Hot Springs is where their Mailroom is located. The project manager thought it would be good for me to visit the mailroom to get a better idea of what was going on. It was an interesting trip. I went by myself so it was kind of boring. I hate going out to eat by myself so I ate at the hotel mostly. Plus I was only there for 4 days. Not much time to do stuff. However, one night I thought I would walk around. It turns out that Hot Springs was the first declared resort. It was once a neutral place between the Native Americans who would come to the healing waters during war. Then in the early 1900s people would build houses over the springs can have bath houses, the first spas. It was interesting.

This is a picture of downtown, about 10 minute walk from my hotel.

DSCN0358

This is the beginning of bath house row. There were probably 10 to 15 buildings like this in a row. I didn’t finish the entire walk.

DSCN0359

In keeping with the tone of health, they had a promenade walk behind the bath houses.

DSCN0361

No comments:

Post a Comment